Wheels choice Evo 6.

• I'm looking for new wheels for my 6. My requirements are 17", bronze and pretty lightweight.

I've found 2 wheels which are quite nice, Ultralite D1 or Rota Grids

Ultralite comes in 17" x 8.0 with offset 32.

Rota comes in 17" x 8.5 with offset 30.

And there are these new XXR 527 wheels which looks pretty nice, but I'm afraid they are bad wheels. Low cost.

Which wheels would you guys prefer, looking at the wheel and sizes?

• Hi

If it is only a question of choice then i would go with the D1, or you check out the Ultralite Battle Monoblock.
    But for sure i am not an expert, any comments from the other guys around here?

greetz
    Thomas

• The first question is. How much do you want to pay?

My first choice are Work Wheels. Work emotion CR-Kai or CE-28 (8x17 et 32).

I dont know how much these wheels weight but i think there are reltatively lightweight.

• Hey,

I'm fairly certain you can get a nice (used) set of XD9 in 17X9.5 for under 1k, most likely in England or even the Netherlands. Work wheels are as mentioned always a good bet.

Besides, XXR can't be worse than Ultralite. Between the D1 and the Grids i'd clearly go for the Grids.

Regards,

Alex

• No specific reason actually, however I know that in the US the XXR are pretty popular as track wheels for obvious reasons.

I've never had much to do with Ultralite though, but due to the fact that all these wheels are not FAKE wheels and have to be manufactured to a certain standard I'd not say XXR is worse. Sure there is slight differences, but all cast wheels will all break eventually, no matter if Work or XXR.

Not sure how worldbreakingly negative the stretch would affect you but depending on the horsepower you should consider a wider rim to be able to get a fatter rubber after the current ones are done. Even 9J with the right offset should just about fit without having to do fender work, unless you don't mind that.

• I went for a set of Rota Grid Drifts in 8.5 x 17" bij ET 30.

They are matt bronze, really nice.

I've used Toyo R888's in 225/45/17 and they are not even stretched at all. So perfect match for a lovely set of wheels, which will fill up the arches fine without any spacers.