EVO8 tuning!

• Hallo, es tut mir leid, mein Deutsch ist schrecklich, ich benutze einen Übersetzer. Ich bin auf der Suche nach jemandem, der mein Auto stimmen kann .. entweder durch E-Mail oder persönlich. Ich bin in oberpfalz (bei amberg, weiden) Ich besitze ein EVO 8 mit folgenden Mods:

Block:
    Wiseco-Kolben
    Manley Turbo Tuff Stäbe
    ACL Lager
    Fluidamper
    Balancer-Eliminator-Kit
    ARP Hauptbolzen

Kopf:
    ARP Kopfstollen
    Brian Crower Feder n Halter
    Manley-Wächter
    GSC-Ventile
    GSC Ventilsitze
    GSC Stage 3 280/280 Nocken
    HKS Zahnriemen

Treibstoff:
    Id 2000 Injektoren
    Fuelab Regler
    400 Kraftstoffpumpe

Boltons:
    FP Schwarzer Turbo-Kit
    Tia MV-r Wastegate
    Tung 50mm BOV
    Spule auf Stecker Umwandlung
    4 bar Kartensensor
    Greddy turbo zurück
    ETS fmic mit Rohrleitungen
    Grimmspeed ebc

Vielen Dank !
    -----------
    Hello, I'm sorry my German is horrible i'm using a translator. I'm in search of someone who can tune my car..either through email or in person. I am located in oberpfalz (near amberg, weiden) I own an EVO 8 with the following mods:

Block:
    Wiseco pistons
    Manley turbo tuff rods
    Acl bearings
    Fluidamper
    Balancer eliminator kit
    ARP main studs

Head:
    ARP head studs
    Brian crower spring n retainers
    Manley keepers
    GSC Valves
    GSC Valve seats
    GSC Stage 3 280/280 cams
    HKS Timing belt

Fuel:
    Id 2000 injectors
    Fuelab regulator
    400 fuel pump

Boltons:
    FP Black turbo kit
    Tia MV-r wastegate
    tial 50mm BOV
    coil on plug conversion
    4 bar map sensor
    Greddy turbo back
    ETS fmic with piping
    grimmspeed ebc

Thanks !

• Yes my setup has been proven to get 500 hp on 93 oct pump gas...600+ on e85 and yes I am on OEM ECU.

Yeah thats far from me, I'm looking for someone local or someone who does email tuning.

Thanks!

• You know that such a set up will change the way the engine consumes/pumps air in almost the whole VE-map, so it's going to need a steady state tuning to get the best results. The Stock ecu doesn't allow for that. so the result is only going to be compromised with fueling (not that critical can be set up-ed pretty accurate with enough time invested) and especially ign. timing not being spot on. I have a seriously modified 4g63 with a similar set up to yours running on stock ecu and it gets controlled .. that's not the problem just the transient areas are bad and the boost builds up really hard (yes it also depends on the set up, but a well tuned in Steady state Ignition map to goal MBT especially in transient areas will make the car more progressive and smooth). and your set up with those aggressive cams and a larg turbine wheel in a relatovle small t. housing and a near to stock design exh. mani (i guess i'll keep the oem or go for the cast FP one) will make the boost curve even more aggressive and "binary". What i wan't to say is (im not dissing anything here) it depends hard on how you want to use the car.. if it's going to be a street car for the straight and highway runs where it gets preloaded or ran at WOT for the most of the time with no transition the stock ecu is a nice cheep solution.
    if you plan on doing some track/circuit driving with it and you need a smooth and progressive torque build up - i would recommend you to go with an aftermarket ecu and have the car mapped properly from somebody who knows what he's doing.

I personaly dont like the ms-based ECU (although the Link is a really good ecu and have integrated a Lambda target table to make things simpler) and prefer VE-Based set ups.

wish you good luck with the project will be following it :)

• hahahah dont worry, me as well :D
    I like the new black (ECUMASTER) AEM Infinity, Halltech.. but as i said it's my pers. opinion, the LINK ecu's are really good. I just like to see the the engine VE table in % and not the the Main Fuel table in % of the main injector puls width. And also having all the inj. data on a VE-based tune will make switching injectors no a problem.. and with the injector puls width .. you will need to readdress the main fueltable.
    as i said it's a tuners preference thing

• Nicht auf die stärkeren Kolbenrückzugsfedern vergessen, sonst ganz schnell schaden am neuen flux Kompensator, was schade wäre.

Ladedruck ist durch nichts zu ersetzen, ausser noch mehr Ladedruck