Hallo from der USA

• Hallo Alle! Excuse my lack of writting German. Though I lived in Germany for 15 years all together, I never picked up writing the language so well but speak it fluently. I joined this site to see what sort of tuning you all are doing to the Ralliart compared to what we do over here. I have a 2011 Ralliart with a few tuning mods done to it. I hope to meet some cool people here.

• Welcome !

Well...To make a comparison to the german tuning scene you need to know one thing: Its impossible. What you guys call "street legal" and what our " Association for Technical Inspection" (TÜV ) says is street legal is uncompareable cause we have stricter laws... I.e. your your UICP and Intake, in Germany you would get busted for that as soon as you meet an officer who knows a little bit about tuning mods. :-/
    Greetings.

• Hi and welcome,

great looking machine. very clean and tide - you do the work all by yourself?

To answer your question:
    1. What TunaRexx said
    2. most of the German/Europe builds are street or track (circuit) orientated as there aren't that many drag strips over here and the sport is not that popular. Experimenting with different parts in the power department is also restricted to what is available or you have deep pockets to import from oversea. I would say that the german builds are decent and are considering more the fine tuning of how the car drives and not that much what the power figures or what so ever other numbers are showing.
    Because of the TÜV the owners here are hard restricted to stance and wheel size and fitment and the MOD community has never been that much of stance community and more of a performance orientated. So you will see a lot of discussions on here about tyre compound, brake pad/rotor combos. Suspension and fine tuning it (set up and geometry) is a big thing here.
    The SSTs is a big topic optimizing it and maintenance.. yeah mainteinance.. the Germans are notorious for that. Loads of discussions what oils to use , how often to change it and to do it properly with precise oil quantities and procedure. In general it's all about how to keep it all on the edge of legal :D and than there are the full mad track builds... i don't know of any based on the ralliart as the platform is less inviting for a track specific build.

Are you located on the east coast? Florida maybe?

• Hey dude,

welcome. Maybe you would like to introduce yourself in the "new members" section, thats the "Vorstellung neuer Mitglieder" thread on the very top of the board.
    Nice car you are driving there, my EvoX actually comes from Dayton Ohio, so I had to strip off a lot of those american parts, e.g. and foremost the exhaust ... ;-)